Regultaion on the EKHN Secretariat
- The EKHN Secretariat is a standing body of the Network and includes the director and staff members who work full time or part time – in accordance with the terms of the contract.
- The Secretariat is managed by the director and is subordinated to the Founder.
- The Secretariat is managed by the director of EKHN, who is appointed by the Founder.
- An office shall be rented for the activities of the Secretariat, if reasonable.
- The Secretariat shall operate in one of the countries where the Network carries out its activities or at the place of registration.
Key functions of the Secretariat
- The Secretariat is an executive body of the Network and shall perform its activities within the mission of the Network, its goals, objectives, action plans and strategic plans based on the decisions of the Board and/or the Founder.
- The Secretariat shall perform the following functions:
- Ensures preparation and conduction of meetings, sessions, consultations, conference calls of the Network;
- Ensures that minutes of such meetings, sessions, consultations are taken (prepared) and distributed;
- Performs preparation of the materials and collection of the information required to conduct meetings, sessions, consultations and/or implement action plans and strategic plans of the Network;
- Creates conditions for the effective communication and collaboration between members of the Network and the Board members, in particular coordinates collection, systematization, analysis, storage and distribution of information from members of the Network, characterizing their activities within the Network, including applications and profiles from members of the Network, reports on their activities within the Network, etc.
- Ensures and coordinates communication between EKHN and external partners, such as mass media, donors, international organizations and other stakeholders;
- Prepares and presents draft letters and applications to government authorities, donors, international and partner organizations as well as other stakeholders;
- Maintains regular contacts, organizes collection and consolidation of proposals from members of the Network related to the activities of the Network and submits relevant information to the Board;
- Ensures the development and implementation of projects and programs of the Network to achieve the mission and perform strategic and action plans;
- Ensures projects and programs performance and activities monitoring, for implementation of which it is responsible, and submits reports based on the results of such monitoring;
- Prepares preliminary and annual reports to donors on activities of the Secretariat and assists the Chair of the Board in preparing reports on the activities of the Network for its members and all stakeholders, including governmental agencies, donors and international organizations;
- Performs collection, systematization and analysis of strategic information in Eurasia: research results, analytical reports, publications, statistics data, etc.;
- Drafts program documents (press releases, position papers, internal policies and procedures, information materials of the Network, etc.) to be revised by members of the Board and/or the Network, and, based on the feedback, finalizes and shares those documents and coordinates the activities to comply with the said documents;
- Facilitates the receipt of technical support and assistance by members of the Network;
- Contributes to fundraising, creates a donor database, drafts project proposals, etc.;
- Ensures monitoring and evaluation in terms of implementation of the Network action plan, achievement of its goals and objectives;
- Prepares and distributes information messages and news on activities of the Network;
- Ensures operation of the Network website (regular updates of the information);
- Contributes to sharing information and experience among the Network members;
- Performs other functions in line with the decisions of the Board and/or the Founder