The governing body of EKHN is the Board, and the number of its members shall be at least 5 people (up to 7). Members of the Board shall be elected based on the principles of sub-regional affiliation as well as association with KP sub-groups (Key Populations – HIV, TB, Hepatitis, TG, SW, PUD, and MSM). Term of office of the Board members is 2 years since the date of their election. One and the same member may not be elected to the Board for more than 2 successive terms.
The following questions shall be under the exclusive competence of the Board:
- Introduction of amendments to the Regulation on the Network;
- Election from among its members of the Chair and Secretary of the Board and early termination of their powers;
- Definition and approval of priority areas of middle-term and short-term activities of the Network in line with its goals, objectives and strategic plan, introduction of changes and amendments to them;
- Approval of the annual budget, annual report and annual balance sheet of the Network;
- Approval of the regulation on activities of the Board as well as other regulations and procedures of the Network;
- Approval of creation and operation of Working Committees of the Network;
- The Board may also consider other matters.
- Meetings of the Board shall be held at least once a year. Ad-hoc meetings of the Board may be convened at the request of the Chair of the Board or the Director.
Decisions of the Board shall be taken by voting, with a simple majority of votes. Voting may be conducted by personal attendance or through electronic means of communication: skype, e-mail, mailing list of the Board. In case of e-mail vote, failure of a Board member to respond within the set deadline shall be viewed as though such Board member abstained (did not vote), and such vote shall not be taken into account. At least two third of the Board members shall take part in the voting process to have a quorum required for decision making purposes.
Members of the Board shall perform their functions pro bono as volunteers.